Volunteers' Code Of Conduct
We're really grateful to each and every person who puts themselves forward to volunteer at Beyond The Woods.
I know it's a bit of a cliché, but we really couldn't run the festival without your help and enthusiasm across the weekend. Volunteers are absolutely at the heart of our event.
Although volunteering is mostly common sense and having fun, we do just have a few things we ask of each of our volunteers to help ensure that the weekend runs smoothly and safely.
Therefore, we'd really appreciate it if you could take a minute or two to read through our volunteers' code of conduct.
- We do ask that each volunteer purchases a ticket for the festival. Once you've completed your shift we'll give you your money back, in full, within 30 days.
- We understand that plans change, sometimes unexpectedly, but if you decide that you don't want to volunteer, or can't come to the festival, please do give us at least 14 days' notice.
- There will be a number of important health and safety briefings throughout the event, and we'd be grateful if you could attend one of them. More info to follow.
- We're not going to stop you from having the odd drink before you start your volunteering shift, but for obvious reasons we can't allow you to take part if you're suffering under the influence of alcohol.
- As a volunteer you are the face of the festival to the general public, so it's really important that you behave in a safe and sensible manner.
- Last, but certainly not least, please be warm and welcoming to festival-goers. After all, we're all here to have fun.
Anyone volunteers who cannot comply with the code of conduct risk losing some or all of their refund, but we're sure it won't come to that. We've not had any problems with our volunteers yet - you're a brilliant bunch!